The building was erected in 1893 as the “School of Science & the Arts”. Apparently, Wycombe High School for Girls first opened in 1901 when Miss Mary Christie was the first Headteacher. She presided over 18 fee paying students & 3 staff. The school soon outgrew the building and moved to Benjamin Road in 1906 where it remained for 50 years.
For those interested apparently the Clock House is described as “a detached Victorian building of Queen Anne Revival style, with imposing brick elevations, the entrance built at the base of the clock tower, with cupola & weather – vane, is the dominent feature”.
Between the wars it became a swimming pool and later a skating rink.
In 1946 it was converted to a theatre by 4 ex-servicemen. Unfortunately, in 1957 it closed due to financial difficulties when it fell into disrepair until finally being converted to offices in 1984.
Currently, the Scandic Dental Care occupy the ground floor moving here some 6 years ago.